Within the European project ESG UPTAKE aimed to strengthen and mainstream ESG and climate risk assessment across central banks and supervisory authorities in the EU, we are looking for a researcher/senior researcher to join the team.
The project is funded by the Directorate-General for Structural Reform Support of the European Commission (DG Reform) and implemented by a consortium of research and academic institutions coordinated by the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, with the scientific contribution of the Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE of Frankurt and of the WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business).
The candidate will work with Irene Monasterolo and her team at the analysis of the Insurance Protection Gap in Italy and Europe, analysing the supply and demand side drivers, codesigning environmental and climate scenarios for supervisory insurance stress-test, and providing policy recommendations about tools to fill the Insurance Protection Gap, starting from the case of Italy.
- Strong background in: quantitative finance or financial economics, or financial risk assessment, or behavioral economics, or statistics
- Good understanding of climate-related financial risks, climate scenarios and stress-tests
- Ability to code using main softwares (e.g. Matlab, Python, etc)
- Interest to work at the interface between research and policy, and interact with key decision makers in finance
- Ability to work independently and to deliver according to the deadlines
- Interest and ability to write and publish research articles
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken)
What we offer:
- Possibility to take part in and support policy making in ESG and climate risk assessment, and insurance protection gap, in Europe in particular
- Possibility to join a young, interdisciplinary and international team of researchers
- Possibility to interact with key decision makers in Europe and abroad, and to be at the center of the academic and policy debate on climate finance
- Possibility to conduct policy-relevant work and publish research
- The position is initially funded for 2 years, with possibility of extension.
Deadline for application: 15th February 2024
Starting date: 1st April 2024 (negotiable)
Location: WU Wien, Institute for Ecological Economics, Vienna (AT)
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org including (i) cover letter, (ii) one reference letter (iii) CV with list of publications (iv) two research articles.