Call for Papers (pdf)
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
will host the fifth workshop on the use of BIS international banking and financial statistics.1 The workshop will be held in-person at the BIS headquarters in Basel.
The workshop will bring together central bankers, analysts and academics interested in research on global financial stability. It will focus on empirical work related to international banking and financial markets, with special emphasis on analyses that make use of the international banking, derivatives and debt securities statistics (links to data below) compiled by the BIS under the auspices of the Committee on the Global Financial System. 2 The workshop is intended to
promote the use of these statistics in the academic and policymaking communities.
Submissions of any papers making use of BIS statistics are especially welcome. Particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
• The pandemic and associated policy responses: international spillovers and effectiveness
• Debt burdens and channels for contagion across countries
• Effects of global frictions in international finance - regulatory fragmentation, geopolitical tensions, technological and climate-related changes
• Sentiment and fundamental drivers of global liquidity and capital flows
• Currency choice in international financial flows
• Implications of the growing role of non-bank financial institutions (NBFIs)as intermediaries
The deadline for submissions is 31 July 2023.
Authors of accepted papers will be notified in late September 2023. Further details about the workshop programme and logistics will be made available on the conference website at https://www.bis.org/events/cgfs_ibfsws5.htm