November 14-15, 2023, Zurich, Switzerland
The Swiss National Bank (SNB), the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), and the Division of International Finance of the Federal Reserve Board (FRB) will jointly organize the third conference on Global Risk, Uncertainty, and Volatility. The conference will bring together policymakers and academics to discuss the lessons learned and challenges ahead for policymaking under increased uncertainty, including a panel discussion by senior policy makers. We welcome theoretical and empirical paper submissions that address new and traditional sources of uncertainty and their implications for policymaking, with an emphasis on the following areas:
- Implications of different sources of uncertainty for the toolkit of monetary, fiscal, and prudential authorities and market regulators.
- Incorporating new sources of uncertainty in models on monetary policy, financial stability, and market functioning.
- Changes in policy strategies, implementation frameworks, and communications under increased uncertainty.
- Political uncertainty and its impact on the real and financial economy.
- Non-traditional data providing insights on traditional and new sources of uncertainty.
- How financial market participants account for uncertainty.
- Uncertainty stemming from the interaction of fiscal, monetary, and macroprudential policies.
The deadline for paper submissions is May 31, 2023. Please send completed papers to GRUV2023@snb.ch. Authors of accepted papers will be informed by July 15, 2023.
Juan M. Londono and Sai Ma (FRB)
Thomas Moser and Nina Hugelshofer (SNB)
Wenqian Huang and Vladyslav Sushko (BIS)