CALL FOR PAPERS
Climate change and the financial system: Challenges and opportunities for central banks - May 2–3, 2023, Sveriges Riksbank, Stockholm, Sweden
Submission deadline: December 10, 2022
The Sustainable Finance Lab and Sveriges Riksbank will host a conference on “Climate change and the financial system: Challenges and opportunities for central banks”. The conference will be held in person at Sveriges Riksbank in Stockholm, Sweden, on May 2–3, 2023.
Confirmed speakers include Nicoletta Batini (IMF), John Hassler (IIES, Stockholm University), Steven Ongena (University of Zürich), and Glenn Rudebusch (Brookings Institution).
The conference aims to bring together high-quality theoretical and empirical research providing new insights into the economics of climate change and its relation to the financial system at large, including monetary policy and financial regulation.
We invite paper submissions on topics including (but not limited to):
• Climate-related risks to financial stability
• Climate change and monetary and/or macroprudential policy
• Global spillovers of climate-related risk and policy coordination
• The impact of policy uncertainty
• The financial market impact of green bonds
• The green transition and energy markets – consequences for economic policy
• Bank vs capital market financing of the green transition
• Combining public and private financing for the green transition
• The use and effectiveness of ESG data and ratings
The deadline for submissions is December 10, 2022. Please send drafts of completed papers in pdf format to email@example.com. Authors of accepted papers will be informed by January 15, 2023. Accommodation and economy-class travel will be covered for paper presenters and discussants.
The organizing committee consists of Kent Eriksson, Cecilia Hermansson and Mark Sanctuary (Sustainable Finance Lab), and Marianna Blix Grimaldi, Thomas Jansson, Federico Ravenna and Ulf Söderström (Sveriges Riksbank). The program and other information about the conference will be posted on the Riksbank website (www.riksbank.se/en/research/conferences
), which also contains information about past Riksbank conferences. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Papers SFL-Riksbank conference 2023