Invitation and Call for Papers - BANK OF ALBANIA
Join us for the 16th South-Eastern European Economic Research Workshop - 5-6 December 2022, hybrid event
Bank of Albania has the pleasure to announce its 16th South-Eastern European Economic Research Workshop (SEE-ERW), which will be held on 5 and 6 December 2022. SEE-ERW 2022 will be a hybrid event: in-person in Tirana for those who can travel, and virtual for those who cannot.
The main aim of this workshop is to bring together central bankers, academics, market practitioners and policymakers from the SEE region and around the world to present and discuss, latest empirical research in economics and finance. The workshop aims to develop long-term collaborative relationships and encourage interaction among participants in their fields of interests. In line with our tradition, the workshop is open to multidisciplinary research and welcomes theoretical and empirical contribution on central bank relevant topics.
We welcome theoretical and empirical contributions on following topics of interest:
- What causes inflation? Supply shocks, expectations and monetary policy;
- Climate change and its impact on central bank monetary policy and financial stability;
- International economics and foreign currencies: macroeconomics, banking and finance;
- Inflation, financial and fiscal risks as challenges for a central bank and its monetary policy. The scope, nature and extend for policy coordination;
- Global policy normalization and spillovers in emerging markets: causes, channels and implications;
- New developments and advances of research techniques and methodology in the study of exploring economics and finance;
- Financial literacy and financial inclusion benefits and challenges for households, businesses, central bank policy and macroeconomic stability;
- Financial stability, payment and financial innovation.
The scope of the workshop is not limited to the topics listed above, and submissions on other related topics are also welcome.
Authors interested in presenting their research, are welcome to submit extended abstracts (300–500 words including the title, keywords, JEL classification, authors’ names and affiliation) or, preferably, full drafts of papers and a short bio, to BoAresearchworkshop@bankofalbania.org. The submission deadline is 17 October 2022. In your submission, please tell us whether you would like also to act as a discussant of another paper presented in the workshop.
Submitted papers will be reviewed by our Selection Committee, which will notify the authors of accepted papers by 31 October 2022. Final papers and the PowerPoint Presentations should be sent no later than November 29, 2022 to BoAresearchworkshop@bankofalbania.org.
Call for Papers - Bank of Albania