Please find the PDF version of this call here
On 23-24 September 2022 the Swiss National Bank (SNB) is organising a research conference on the challenges faced by central banks when the pandemic subsides. Conditions permitting, the conference will be held in Zurich, Switzerland. The SNB is monitoring pandemic developments very carefully with regard to the best course of action to take for this event. The Organising Committee will decide on the form of the event at the latest at the end of July.
The conference provides a forum for discussing a wide range of theoretical and empirical issues related to monetary policy. Some of the topics that contributions to the conference might address include (but are not restricted to):
• Exit from unconventional measures
• The substitutability of interest rate policy and balance sheet policy
• Monetary policy design in high debt environment
• Monetary policy with a large central bank balance sheet
• Monetary policy normalisation and central bank profits
• Associated post-pandemic financial stability challenges
• Inflation targets and inflation expectations in monetary policy
• Structural determinants of inflation dynamics
• Climate change and monetary policy
Kindly e-mail your proposal to the organising committee at email@example.com by 21 March 2022.