Call for Papers:
"Evaluating the monetary-policy toolkit: lessons for the future"
Sveriges Riksbank will host a conference on theoretical and empirical research on the use of the central bank’s balance sheet as a monetary policy tool on September 1−2, 2022.
Silvana Tenreyro (London School of Economics and Bank of England) will deliver a keynote speech.
The conference aims to bring together high-quality research providing new insights into the transmission mechanisms and economic effects of central-bank asset purchases, liquidity support and other monetary-policy actions conducted via the central bank’s balance sheet.
Suitable paper topics include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Challenges for balance-sheet measures in small open economies.
- The transmission channels via financial markets, firms and households.
- Large-scale asset purchases and other balance-sheet measures during the COVID-crisis.
- Central-bank provision of liquidity and lending during periods of stress.
- Exit strategies for balance-sheet measures.
- Unintended consequences of balance-sheet measures for example for financial-market functioning and inequality.
- Central-bank asset purchases and climate change.
- Interaction of negative interest rates with balance-sheet policies.
- Measuring and communicating the monetary-policy stance.
The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2022.
For more information, please see Call for Papers, Riksbank’s conference website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.